November 23, 2009

ASK LESS - THANK MORE

I came across a simple phrase today:
ASK LESS - THANK MORE

WOW!!!  In a world like ours... a world where we have MORE than enough... where we are utterly surrounded by met needs and an abundance of wants....  It rips at my heart trying to help my children comprehend what it really means to having nothing.
I certainly can't speak from experience!
How do you truly teach gratitude?
I do my best to model it, but I myself am too often guilty of greed.  That saddens me, and I definitely don't mean to be! 

I want to use THIS week - on purpose -to take time to reflect...  take time to process a real understanding of this new found phrase I'd like to forever remember!  I wrote it down on a card and plan to post it someplace where I will regularly see it and in turn, regularly remind myself to...
ASK LESS - THANK MORE

I feel compelled to challenge you to do the same.
I imagine it can only bring genuine joy to our hearts!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: