January 23, 2011

I'll settle for 4

I've already announced that I'm planning to run
(well maybe "jog", but definitely NOT walk)
half of the Flying Pig marathon this spring.  I'm excited to share that I'm in full swing of my conditioning program, and tonight I completed 4 miles.  I jogged/ran nearly 3 of the 4 miles.  I admit I almost vomited at one point, but I never stopped or even strayed from my original plan/goal.  I had some burning in leg muscles I haven't felt or exerted in years, yet I feel proudI feel hopeful, too.  Hopeful that I WILL run (okay, "jog") 13.1 miles in just a few months.
For now though, I'll settle for 4.

YAY ME!

PS  Want more details? It's FANTASTIC that I'm in the privacy of my own basement and even out of earshot of my sleeping children and tolerant husband.  I would be quite a dramatic scene to watch or hear, I suppose, because I shout words of encouragement, yes out loud TO MYSELF, BY MYSELF.  Tonight, I also yelled out, "Don't You DARE Throw Up!"  I gasped and muttered, "Crap! Crap! Crap!" when I struggled to keep up my pace.  I laughed at myself, yes out loud, when I imagined myself flying off the back of the treadmill into Craig's drumset.  As I completed certain distance markers, I literally threw my hands in the air pumping my fists like Rocky Balboa.  And dare I admit it, but I sobbed like a lunatic during my cool down walk.

I've set a goal.
I'm on schedule for meeting my goal.
It feels AWESOME!

1 comment:

Kayla Lynn Peveler said...

Betsy,
you are such an inspiration! Here I am, 19 years old.. and i can't even get out of bed to work out! LOOK AT YOU!! gettin your work out on.. im so proud ;) and i can totally see you talking to youself little words of encouragement on the tredmill.

I LOVE YOU!
i want to see you soon :)

Kayla :)