December 2, 2009

too close to close

Nothing too exciting going on around here, except that we're making huge strides in teaching Luke to read!  Yes, that's right- my young man is blending 3 and 4 letter words!!
WOO WOO!!!!   (hmm....."oo"   that's a phonetic sound I need to still teach him.  Ugh, there are so many rules & exceptions to rules in our language!)

Anyway, he typically has a great attention span while we work through our lessons, but every once in awhile I have to get a little creative to bring him back in focus.  So the other day- just for kicks, I threw the word "BUTT" into his reading list.
Does that make me a bad mom?  I hope not!
It's a word we tend to shun around our household, but it sure got him giggling and did indeed get him interested (as he dreamed of all of the OTHER naughty words he might read someday!) YIKES

Needless to say or typeI'm SUPER proud of how things are going with him!  Lydia is also learning some new concepts, developing some fine motor skills and growing her vocabulary.  I'm blessed and excited to have two children so fascinated with academics!

Speaking of our difficult English language.
Here's an "oldie", but a "goodie" list:
The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
There's no time like the present, so it is time to present the present.
A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
I did not object to the object.
The bandage was wound around the wound.
The farm was used to produce produce.
The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
The buck does funny things when does are present.
The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
Upon seeing the tear in the painting, I shed a tear.
I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
They were too close to the door to close it.

No comments: