November 29, 2010

November Recap

 Luke used his birthday gift tickets from his beloved Mr. & Mrs. Marble Man (Thanks, Buehlers).  He and Craig enjoyed perfect weather watching a less than perfect game.
Craig told me it was a fun experience
(minus the sloshing beer and potty mouths).
WHO DEY!
This month had a remarkable hike in temperature.  We reached the seventies, and the kids and I couldn't help but get out a few more times before we're completely couped up for winter.  It also prompted me to go out and get Lydia her very first 2 wheel bicycle.  Look closely... it even includes a snap-on Barbie bike so Barbie can ride in style with my sweet baby cakes!
Craig finished his first full marathon (26.2 miles) on November 6th.
 It inspired me/us to have the kids participate in THEIR first "run".  Craig's been running in the Turkey Trot Race in Miamisburg, Ohio for a few years.  It's on the morning of Thanksgiving, and I registered the kids to do the 1 mile Fun Run.  We left Craig (who went on to run 5 miles at a fast and steady pace, placing #545 of 4649 runners, YAY)

The kids and I completed our 1 mile in just 22 minutes!
Luke started with a bolt, until I explained that it's not a race he can "run".  He of course completed the entire thing, but midway through told me,
"This is REALLY long!"  ha ha
I guess he imagined he'd be sprinting to a checkered flag.

Lydia was engulfed by the mass of people around us and took off with a steady jog right from the start.  She lasted a few minutes before I encouraged her to just walk.  (I posted the video below of her chugging along).  There were plenty of distractions, so she ended up walking at least 3/4 of the distance.  The other 25% of the time she spent in my arms.
At one point, I asked her if she liked this.  Her answer,
"I don't want to like it."
AWESOME ANSWER!  Who does?!?!!!
It WAS a fun experience though.  The temperature wasn't freezing and the rain let up for a bit, so we weren't completely soaked to the bone.
I believe we've found a new Thanksgiving tradition!
Gobble, Gobble
"I think I can.  I think I can."

No comments: